Breast MRI is fast becoming an essential tool in breast imaging. In spite of the rapid growth of MR imaging, many breast imaging radiologists still have limited practical experience with this technique. This course is intended to help radiologists move beyond the basics and apply classroom knowledge in the clinical setting. This case-based review course will expose the learner to multiple challenging breast MRI cases. In addition to breast MRI, the course will cover new and emerging FDA approved technologies, such as tomosynthesis, contrast mammography, and molecular breast imaging that many learners may not have regular clinical exposure to. On completion of the course, learners will have documented supervised instruction in at least 100 breast MRI Cases.
Christopher Comstock, MD, FSBI, Program Chair
Catherine Appleton, MD
Jessica Leung, MD, FSBI
Steven Poplack, MD, FSBI
- Breast MRI Technical Assessment and Readout
- Breast MR Case Review 1 (1-15 Technical Issues)
- Breast MRI Interpretation Using the BI-RADS Lexicon
- Breast MR Case Review 2 (16-25 Lexicon I Foci/Background)
- Breast MR Case Review 3 (26-40 Lexicon II Masses)
- Breast MR Case Review 4 (41-50 Lexicon III Non-Mass)
- Breast MR Case Review 5 (51-65 Misc Cases)
- Contrast Mammography
- Molecular Breast Imaging
- Digital Tomosynthesis
- Advanced Breast US and Whole Breast Screening
- Breast MR Case Review 6 (66-80 Difficult Cases)
- Pre and Post-Operative Breast MRI
- Breast MR Case Review 7 (81-90 Pre-Post Surgical Cases)
- MR-Guided Breast Biopsy
- Breast MR Case Review 8 (91-100 MR Bx Cases)
- ACR Breast MRI Accreditation Program
- Identify image interpretation by direct participation in case-based instruction
- Assess and provide feedback on at least 100 cases reviewed with MRI Faculty (100 Case-Completion Certificate provided after course)
- Describe the current clinical roles of breast MRI
- Explain the appropriate use of benign and malignant disease
- Describe methods for optimizing MRI guided biopsy
- Illustrate the clinical applications of contrast mammography and tomosynthesis
*Ikeda DM, Hylton NM, Kuhl CK, et al. BI-RADS: Magnetic Resonance Imaging, 1st edition in: D'Orsi CJ, Mendelson, EB, Ikeda DM, et al: Breast Imaging Reporting and Data System. Reston: American College of Radiology, 2003
CME Released: 05/15/2016 CME Expires: 05/14/2019
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the American College of Radiology and the Society of Breast IMaging. The American College of Radiology is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
The American College of Radiology designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 12.25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in this activity.
Download User Guide
For the best viewing experience, be sure your computer meets the requirements listed below.
We recommend a broadband network connection for the most enjoyable experience.
Operating System: Windows XP or newer
Browser: Internet Explorer 7.0 or above, Mozilla Firefox 3.4 and above, Google Chrome
Hardware: An Intel Based Mac
Operating System: Mac OS 10.6 and above
Browser: Safari 4 and above, Mozilla Firefox 3.4 and above, Google Chrome
Browser: Mozilla Firefox 3.4 and above, Google Chrome
iOS version 5 or greater
Android version 3 or greater
Flash Browser Plug-in or HTML5-compatible Browser
Peach New Media delivers streaming programs in both Flash and HTML5 formats, so no Flash plug-in is required with access to an HTML5-compatible browser/device.