SBI Webinar Series:
Mammography Positioning in the Digital Era
The Society of Breast Imaging is thrilled to launch a webinar series on mammography positioning. This series will not only revisit the “how to” of mammography positioning (as featured in the 1999 ACR Quality Control Manual) but will also introduce updated positioning techniques that are required for changes in digital imaging modalities. The lectures address the need for and importance of standardized positioning techniques, which are used in all radiography examinations except mammography. Understanding correlation anatomy is the basis for all imaging, particularly the breast. Once technologists understand the relationship between the how and why of breast positioning and the importance of consistency and reproducibility, we will see not only an improvement in image quality but also a reduction in repeats, rejects, and technical callbacks. Each webinar is one hour long and includes a posttest. This series is presented by SBI Honorary Fellow Louise Miller, RT(R)(M).
Earn up to 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ or 5 Category A credits.
CME-CE Released: 8/16/2018 CME-CE Expires: 8/16/2021
NOTICE TO USERS: For individual users ONLY. Do not purchase the product to display or grant access to more than one user or groups. Organization access information is below.
Webinars (Five 1-hour webinars)
- Re-thinking Mammography Positioning: Just When You Thought You Knew It All!
- CC and MLO Make Over: For Every Action There Is A Reaction
- Problem Solving the CC and MLO: Now I Get It!
- Additional Views: When and What to Do
- Implants and Challenging Patients: Real Life Solutions
- Review correlative anatomy so technologists can clearly understand the relationship between how they are positioning and what is seen on their clinical images.
- Describe specific corrective actions that can be utilized to prevent or correct common positioning problems.
- Explain the importance of the proper use body ergonomics for mammography positioning.
- Show modification in positioning techniques that will address changes in equipment and technology.
SBI Member - $175
Non-Member - $275
Not a member? SBI Affiliate membership (U.S./Canadian-based radiologic technologists, nurses, and admins) is $75
Join SBI and take advantage of the member benefits all year long!
Organization tier rates
Interested in purchasing the on-demand webinars at an exclusive group rate discount? Click here to complete the organization contact form.
1-10 seats – 20% off - $2,200
11-20 seats – 25% off - $4,125
21-30 seats – 30% off - $5,775
31+ seats – contact SBI staff at email@example.com
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of the American College of Radiology and Society of Pediatric Radiology. The American College of Radiology is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American College of Radiology is approved by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) as a Recognized Continuing Education Evaluation Mechanism (RCEEM) to sponsor and/or review Continuing Medical Educational programs for Radiologic Technologists and Radiation Therapists.
Credit Designation Statement
The American College of Radiology designates this educational activity as meeting the criteria for up to 5 Category A credit hours of the ARRT.