SBI/ACR Breast Imaging Symposium 2015
Click here to view the on-site program
Click here to view credit claiming instructions
April 25 - 28, 2015, Hilton Bonnet Creek, Orlando Florida
The 2015 SBI/ACR Breast Imaging Symposium, previously known as the Postgraduate course, is the largest dedicated breast imaging conference in the world. The meeting consists of a plenary session, panel discussions and focused single topic refresher courses that cover a wide variety of topics. The course is designed for radiologists, technologists and medical physicists involved in breast imaging, and hosts an exhibit hall with the latest technology. And for the first time, attendees will have the opportunity to hear new and original research being presented at one of several scientific sessions offered throughout the meeting.
At the conclusion of this course participants will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of mammographic screening, the potential harms of screening, and the assessment of breast cancer risk; particularly as relating to breast density.
- Identify the appropriate use of breast MRI and MRI-guided biopsy in cancer/disease assessment and management.
- Describe the current information on the biology of breast cancer from the pathologist and medical oncologist perspectives.
- Translate research about DBT/Tomosynthesis and contrast enhanced digital mammography and apply those findings to clinical practice.
- Demonstrate proficiency in a wide variety of breast imaging topics, including biopsy tips and tricks, managing the difficult patient, working in a multidisciplinary environment, challenging cases using ultrasound, MRI and multi-modalities, accreditation, and medical legal issues.
What is PERFORMS?
Meet the PERFORMS Team
Corporate Sponsors & Sponsorship Opportunities
SBI Exhibitor Service Kit
Questions? Please contact:
Phone: (703) 648-8967 ext 4967
| || |
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of the American College of Radiology and the Society of Breast Imaging. The American College of Radiology is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
The American College of Radiology designates this live activity for a maximum of 25.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Qualified on 4/21/15, this activity meets the American Board of Radiology's criteria for a self-assessment (SAM) activity and is designated for up to 7.5 SAM credits toward the ABR Maintenance of Certification program.
The American College of Radiology is approved by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) as a Recognized Continuing Education Evaluation Mechanism (RCEEM) to sponsor and/or review Continuing Medical Educational programs for Radiologic Technologists and Radiation Therapists.
The American College of Radiology designates this educational activity as meeting the criteria for up to 20.00 Category A credit hours of the ARRT.